Categorized | News

Case against Fort Macleod indecent exposure suspect adjourned three weeks

The case against a man accused of exposing himself to young girls in Fort Macleod was adjourned Wednesday for three weeks.
The lawyer representing James Jonathan Bryshun, 29, requested the adjournment Wednesday in Fort Macleod provincial court.
Court was told Bryshun is still in police custody in Kamloops, where he faces charges similar to those in Fort Macleod.
Bryshun is charged with two counts of indecent exposure to persons under the age of 16 in connection with an incident in September in Fort Macleod.
Fort Macleod RCMP arrested Bryshun on Sept. 11 after a complaint earlier that day that youths had witnessed a man performing an indecent sexual act.
RCMP were told the youths were walking home from school near F.P. Walshe school when a man driving a blue car approached.
The youths reported the incident to their parents, who contacted the RCMP.
Bryshun appeared before a justice of the peace after being charged and was released.
Bryshun then appeared Sept. 18 in Fort Macleod provincial court and the case was put over three weeks to allow him to seek legal advice.
Bryshun was arrested Sept. 30 in Kamloops, B.C. and charged with indecent exposure.
Those charges are related to a complaint a man had his pants down and was making lewd gestures near an elementary school.
One of the conditions of Bryshun’s release on the Fort Macleod charges was that he was not to leave Alberta.
Judge Greg Maxwell agreed to adjourn the case to Wednesday, Dec. 11.

Comments are closed.