Categorized | Sports

Pee Wee Mavericks second in tournament

Avery Wolstenholme of the Mavericks passes the puck around a Bow Valley Flames player.

Mavericks goalie Carter Henderson turns away a shot as defenceman Liam Beer (2) checks a Bow Valley Flame.

Chase Provost of the Mavericks picks the bottom corner against Bow Valley Flames.

Rylan Carter of the Mavericks attacks the Bow Valley Flames goal.

Fort Macleod Mavericks fell just short Sunday in their quest to win their own Pee Wee hockey tournament.
Lethbridge Knuckleheads edged the Mavericks 4-3 in the thrilling championship game of the seven-team tournament.
Knuckleheads 1 Mavericks 0
In what proved to be a preview of the championship, Lethbridge Knuckleheads edged the Mavericks 1-0 Friday in the first game of the tournament.
The teams played through 47 minutes of scoreless hockey before the Knuckleheads got the game’s only goal.
Carter Henderson played a strong game in goal for the Mavericks.
Mavericks 4 Stars 2
The Mavericks were back in action Saturday morning with a 4-2 win over Medicine Hat Stars.
Travin Knife scored the only goal of the first period, assisted by Griffin Cook, to give Fort Macleod the lead.
Rylan Carter scored just over six minutes into the second period to make it 2-0 before Medicine Hat got its first goal.
Chase Provost scored, assisted by Liam Beer, with 3:15 left in the period to make it 3-1 Fort Macleod.
Carter got his second of the game with 29 seconds left in the period and the Mavericks held the 4-1 lead until Medicine Hat scored with a minute left in the third.
Henderson made 29 saves in another strong performance.
Mavericks 3 Flames 3
Fort Macleod rallied Saturday afternoon for a 3-3 tie with Bow Valley Flames of Calgary.
After the teams traded goals in the first period the Flames scored twice in the second to go in front 3-1.
Fort Macleod scored twice in the third, with the last goal coming with 23 seconds left to salvage the tie.
Avery Wolstenholme, Carter and Provost were the Fort Macleod goal scorers. London Wolstenholme had one assist.
Mavericks 5 Leafs 1
The Mavericks earned a spot in the championship game with a 5-1 win Sunday afternoon over Medicine Hat Leafs.
The Mavericks took control of the semifinal game with two unanswered goals in the first.
Fort Macleod added another in the second to lead 3-0.
After Medicine Hat got its first goal with 3:46 left in the second period, Fort Macleod scored again, and added the only goal of the third to secure the 5-1 win.
London Wolstenholme had a goal and two assists for the Mavericks, Carter scored twice, Cohen Larson had a goal and an assist and Liam Beer had a single. Haze Sharratt picked up an assist.
Knuckleheads 4 Mavericks 3
The Mavericks were right back on the ice Sunday afternoon to take on Lethbridge Knuckleheads in the championship game.
The Mavericks started strong, leading 2-0 after the first period.
Lethbridge got one back in the second period and tied the game with 7:23 left in the third period.
Fort Macleod regained the lead, but Lethbridge tied it with less and two minutes to play, sending it to a shootout.
Lethbridge scored the only goal of the shootout to win the title.
Larson, Sharratt and Zuri Fox scored for Fort Macleod. Aiden Crosschild, Carter, Beer and Provost had assists.
Henderson was in goal for the Mavericks.

Comments are closed.